Andros Hiking Holidays | 7 days – 6 nights
Enjoy Andros, a Cycladic island different from most. The rich vegetation and water resources of the mountainous core of the island together with the fine beaches and the crystal waters that the Greek islands are famous for, offer several hiking options
- DAY 1
- Arrival day in Andros and Check-In at the Hotel. Welcome drinks and Greek 'mezes' in the evening, first meeting with a little talk about the program
- DAY 2
- 1st Hike: Hiking into the wild! Manmade works of art by stone, harmonious to the environment. The longest route in the network follows the old path which connected south west Andros to the central villages and Chora A worthwhile stop will take place for a visit to Dimitris Chelmis renovated olive press. Lunch at the picturesque village of Pitrofos, a gastronomic travel with Katerina Remoundou in the special dishes of island! Evening Free. Time to relax or swim. Hiking tour 9klm, walking time around 4,5hrs
- DAY 3
- 2nd Hike: Destiny tied up with the sea, unique architecture and a rich naval tradition Discover the unique nature of the island, walk across the riverbed, visit old castle-houses, stone bridges, watermills, traditional olive presses, impressive old mansions, evidence of the maritime tradition of the island and finally reach one of the island’s most important wetlands. We follow the path towards the capital city of the island “Chora”. Lunch at Chora. Evening guided walk to the old historical center. Hiking tour of 5,5klm, walking time aprx 2hrs.
- DAY 4
- This day is free from scheduled activities. You may spend it any way you like. Walk around on your own, swim, sunbathe, relax, go shopping or arrange your own tour to some of the many interesting sites of the island. Our team of guides will be available for you, if you decide to ask for their help in any way. A cooking workshop, a Tai Chi or Qigong class, a Yoga class, a fitness program or maybe a guided bike tour, a diving class or water sports activities may be easily arranged on site, only upon your request. You could also let yourself be treated by the experienced hands of our massage therapists.
- DAY 5
- 3rd Hike: Experience the dense vegetation of the greenest Cycladic Island. We walk through fertile ravines, old abandoned farmhouses, we cross the slopes of Arni, we reach the river of Remata in a wild scenery of a unique flora and herbs, of dry stone walls and narrow paths. Leading to one of the most unspoiled beaches of the island Swim and rest. We continue to reach the Valley of Ateni. Light Picnic. Evening Free Hiking tour 10km, walking time around 5hrs
- DAY 6
- 4th Hike: The power of water and the human ability to coexist with the natural environment In unique beauty ravine between Ammolohos and Palestou we will walk along the stream where we will meet remains of watermills along, with homes that operated until the mid- 20th century and were altogether the unique millers village that served the surrounding villages. Light Picnic at the river. Evening Free Hiking Tour 5km, walking time around 2,5hrs.
- DAY 7
- Departure Day (Andros – Rafina Port)
- All the transfers inside the island
- Hotel for all the nights
- Daily Breakfast
- Representative services
- The necessary technical and material equipement
- All Taxes
- Ferry tickets or Air tickers to/from Andros
- Meals - Beverages and tips
- Entrance to archaeological sites
- Anything NOT mentioned as INCLUDED in the program
- Guaranteed departures every Thursday. On request on other days. Rates are for individuals (2 – 8 participants), special on request rates for groups (9+ persons)
- Insurance: Participants should be covered by their own personal travel-health insurance and prior to the trip. The personal insurance must at least cover medical expenses as well as air rescue and the cost of repatriation.
- ACTIVITIES & SPORTS by SERETIS TRAVEL LTD. is not responsible for any accidents or mishaps directly or indirectly related to the tour.
In order to forward us your reservation request and for further information and assistance, please, contact us at email@example.com
GreeceTours.com – Seretis Travel Ltd.
61 Panepistimiou Ave. (El.Venizelou Ave), Omonoia Sqr., 10564, Athens
Tel +30 210 3241776, +30 210 32 51 295
- Monday – Friday | 09:00 – 17:00
- Saturday, all year round apart from January | 10:00 – 14:00