Explore the Nature of Crete
- Rethimno - Imbros Gorge* - Chora Sfakion - Komitades - Fragokastelo - Rodakino - Agouseliana - Preveli Monastery - Rethimno (B-L-D)
- Breakfast at the hotel. Departure for Chora Sfakion. Arrival at Imbros Gorge**. Imbros Gorge is the second most known gorge in Crete after Samaria Gorge. Its length is about 8km of spectacular views and takes no longer than 2,5 hours. The path is not particularly difficult to walk. The gorge is fairly narrow with plenty of trees, so you will have shade most of the time. After a 2 hour walk you will end up at the village of Komitades where you will meet the bus to continue the tour to Fragokastelo, Rodakino and the village of Agouseliana for lunch. After lunch we continue to Preveli where you will visit the famous Byzantine Monastery of Preveli (10th Century) near the southern coast of Crete. The Monastery has a glorious history due to the active and leading involvement of its fellow monks in all national endeavours for freedom and education of our people. Thus, it merits specific recognition and respect throughout the island of Crete. After visiting Preveli we return to Rethimno for dinner and overnight. *sturdy walking shoes are necessary **In case you do not wish to walk through the Gorge, while other members of the group are hiking, you can continue with the bus to visit Chora Sfakion (Sfakia) for a few hours of relaxing, shopping and a swim at “Vrissi” (the Spring), a well organized sandy beach with crystal-clear waters, sunbeds and umbrellas, at the western end of Sfakia.
The departure times depend on the pick-up location. Below you will find all the indicative pick up and drop-off times, according to each location:
- Chania (08:00-20:00) / 20 euro per person
- Georgioupoli (08:30-19:30) / 20 euro per person
- Rethymno (09:00-18:30)
- Bali (08:20-19:00) / 20 euro per person
- Fodele (07:30-19:20) / 20 euro per person
- Agia Pelagia (07:20-19:45) / 20 euro per person
- Heraklion (07:30-20:00)
- Gouves (07:20-20:05) / 20 euro per person
- Hersonisos (07:10-20:15) / 20 euro per person
- Stalida (07:05-20:15) / 20 euro per person
- Malia (07:00-20:15) / 20 euro per person
- Agios Nikolaos (06:45-21:00) / 25 euro per person
- Elounda (06:50-21:10) / 25 euro per person
- All other locations are upon request.
In order to forward us your reservation request and for further information and assistance, please, contact us at email@example.com.
GreeceTours.com – Seretis Travel Ltd.
61 Panepistimiou Ave. (El.Venizelou Ave), Omonoia Sqr., 10564, Athens
Tel +30 210 3241776, +30 210 32 51 295
- Monday – Friday | 09:00 – 17:00
- Saturday, all year round apart from January | 10:00 – 14:00