Hiking Tour of Meteora
Four and a half hours of Hiking Tour to the Geological Phenomenon of Meteora. Visit the magnificent Monasteries.
For further information and to book this tour, please, contact us at email@example.com
- We are fully committed to eco-tourism with respect for the environment and the local traditions. Join this amazing guided hiking tour and walk among the gigantic rock pillars of Meteora to enjoy truly breathtaking views. The hiking tour of Meteora is one of the best ways to enjoy this unique geological phenomenon and to learn the history of an UNESCO World Heritage Site. By joining this morning hike you will walk through hidden trails that only locals know. Let us take you on a journey back in time following the footsteps of the first monks who arrived here more than 15 centuries ago. Experience nature at its best and enjoy great views other visitors will never get to see! The hike begins from the foothills of Doupiani rock, beneath the old ruins of Pantokrator monastery. It then crosses through the immense rock formations to reach the northern side of Meteora. Over that side you'll discover the hidden monastery of Ypapanti and the ruins of St. Dimitrious. Listen to the stories and the legends behind each place you pass along the trail and the thousand years of history will become alive through the exciting narrative of our local mountain guides. Visit the monasteries of Great Meteoron or Varlaam and then you'll climb down the old footpath the monks used for centuries before the construction of roads for the last part of this marvelous hike.
All Prices are per person in Euro
|35 €||25 €||15 €||60 €|
- Professional English speaking Mountain guide
- Visit one monastery inside (Great Meteoron or Varlaam)
- 4:30 hours of pure enjoyment in nature
- Pick-up and Drop-off from hotels
- Entrance fee on the monastery of Great Meteoron is not included in the price. The entrance fee is 3 Euro per person.
- Food and drinks, unless specified.
- Gratuities (optional).
- All personal expenses
- Everything that is not specifically mentioned in the "Included" section
- French and Italian-speaking guides upon availability
- Minimum persons required for this activity: 2.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Children NO UNDER 7 years old.
- Tour operates in all weather conditions – please dress appropriately
- Suitable walking shoes required – no flip-flops. Suggestions: walking boots or sneakers, closed-toe shoes with non slippery soles.
- There is a limit of 12 people in this small-group hiking tour. In case you are a bigger group we will have to split you in smaller groups, with more guides ensuring you will receive personalised attention.
- Respect the holiness of this site, keep it clean and seek the right balance between tourism and spiritual activities.
In order to forward us your reservation request and for further information and assistance, please, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill the following form.
GreeceTours.com – Seretis Travel Ltd.
61 Panepistimiou Ave. (El.Venizelou Ave), Omonoia Sqr., 10564, Athens
Tel +30 210 3241776, +30 210 32 51 295
- Monday – Friday | 09:00 – 17:00
- Saturday, all year round apart from January | 10:00 – 14:00