Historical Greece.. | 8 days / 7 nights
Travel through Greek history in 8 days. Experience Greece.
For further information and to book this tour, please, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Selected Thursday and Fridays in April, May, June, July, September and October
- Day 01. Arrival / Athens.
- Arrival at the Athens airport, welcome assistance and transfer to the hotel. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight in Athens.
- Day 02. City tour / Athens.
- The day is dedicated to exploring the city of Athens. We begin with a panoramic tour to the most important monuments and landmarks of the city including the Panathinaikon stadium, the Zappeion, the temple of Olympian Zeus, Hadrian's Arch, Syntagma square, the Parliament, the tomb of the unknown soldier, Schliemann's house, the Academy, the University, the National Library, and the old Parliament. Next we head for our guided visit to the Acropolis, including the Propylae, the temple of Athena Nike, the Parthenon, the Erechtheion. Later, we continue with a guided visit to the Acropolis museum voted one of the best museums in the world. Afternoon at leisure to explore Plaka, the picturesque old part of the city, and why not, some shopping at Ermou street.
- Day 03. Delphi / Kalambaka.
- After our breakfast we depart northwards towards Delphi, which used to be the most sacred place in the world and a pilgrimage center for many centuries in antiquity. You will admire the Sanctuary of Apollo, walk the Sacred way, and visit the temple of Apollo, home of Pythia (the oracle). We continue to the local museum with the famous bronze statue of the Charioteer. In the afternoon we will be crossing the mountains of central Greece to arrive in Kalambaka for dinner and overnight.
- Day 04. Meteora / Thessaloniki.
- This morning we will be visiting Meteora. Amazing rock formations, like towers of sandstone, stand ageless, and have provided sacred retreat for monks over the centuries. A number of monasteries are hidden on top of Meteora. The view over the plain is breathtaking. Meteora is considered among the most beautiful areas of mainland Greece and belongs to Unesco's list of world heritage monuments. We continue our day as we drive north, through the striking plain of Thessaly and the Valley of Tempi. The way leads under the impressive Mount Olympos, home of the 12 Gods in Greek Mythology, to Thessaloniki, capital of northern Greece for dinner and overnight.
- Day 05. Thessaloniki / Thessaloniki.
- The morning is dedicated to exploring the city of Thessaloniki. We will visit the most important landmarks and monuments of the city, and embrace its glorious Byzantine past, with visits to its characteristic churches and the museum of Byzantine culture. The afternoon will be at leisure to explore more of the city on your own.
- Day 06. Edessa, Aristotle’s school, Vergina, Veria / Thessaloniki.
- Today we will be exploring the historical places of Macedonia. First stop will be the town of Edessa with its beautiful waterfalls. Our next visit will be to Aristotle’s school where the great philosopher taught the « the doctrines of morals and politics» to Alexander the Great. We continue to Vergina with the Royal tombs of Macedonia, including this of King Phillip II, father of Alexander the Great. Our last stop for today will be to Veria with the Bema of St. Paul, the colorful market and the Jewish neighborhood. Return drive to Thessaloniki for dinner and overnight.
- Day 07. Pella, Dion / Athens.
- Our exploration of the history of Macedonian history continues today on our way back to Athens. Our first stop will be to Pella, ancient capital of Macedonia and birthplace of Alexander the Great. We will visit the site with the excuisite floor mosaics and the new local museum. We continue our drive to the archaeological park of Dion, the sacred place of ancient Macedonia at the foot of mount Olympos. After our visits we continue our drive, with a photostop at Thermopylae and the statue of Leonidas, to arrive in Athens in the evening.
- Day 08. Departure.
- Breakfast and at the appropriate time, transfer to the airport or to the port. Apart from the transfer to the port or the airport, no other service is included in the final day of the trip. This is the end of our trip. Kindly, let us know if you need any extra travel services to arrange your return to your home country or, in order to continue your trip to any other destination.
All Prices are per person in Euro
|Arrival Dates||Single||Double / Twin||Triple||Child|
|April 19, 20||€ 1460||€ 1030||€ 976||€ 693|
|May 10, 11, 24, 25||€ 1499||€ 1049||€ 991||€ 693|
|June 07, 08, 21, 22||€ 1499||€ 1049||€ 991||€ 693|
|July 19, 20||€ 1437||€ 1017||€ 870||€ 682|
|August 02, 03||€ 1437||€ 1017||€ 870||€ 682|
|September 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28||€ 1499||€ 1049||€ 991||€ 693|
- Accommodation on BB, 3 nights in Athens
- Athens city tour with Acropolis and Acropolis museum, on SIC, including English speaking guide.
- The 5-day northern Greece tour on SIC, on half-board basis (breakfast and dinner)
- All transfers
- Meet & Greet service for tour briefing and orientation, by an English speaking representative
- All entrance/admission fees to sites and museums
- All taxes and our services
- Any meals other than those mentioned above
- Any drinks during included meals
- Any tips
- Any porterage at hotels.
- All personal expenses
- Everything that is not specifically mentioned in the "Included" section
Hotel Class Options
TOURIST CLASS hotels are mostly 3* hotels. Occasionally there may be a superior 2* which however would be a carefully selected hotel that has either made a very recent renovation or is of a standard equal to a 3* hotel.
FIRST CLASS hotels are mostly standard 4* hotels. Occasionally there may be a superior 3* hotel which however would be a carefully selected hotel that has either made a very recent renovation or is of a standard equal to 4*
SUPERIOR CLASS hotels are either superior 4* hotels or 5* hotels. For the superior 4* hotels, the rooms our prices are based on, are usually the superior ones (not the standard ones). For the 5* hotels the rooms will be the standard ones.
- The order of excursions/visits may change depending on the departure date.
- Entrance/admission fees to various sites and museums are set by the Greek government, and in case of change, prices will be adjusted accordingly. Currently included entrance fees are based on rates valid as of April 1st 2016.
- Above rates include VAT 24%. In case of change of VAT, prices will be adjusted accordingly.
- Starting January 1st 2018, a new “overnight stay” tax has been imposed by the Greek government. This tax, amounts to € 0,50 per room per night for 1*-2* hotels, € 1,50 per room per night for 3* hotels, € 3,00 per room per night for 4* hotels, and € 4,00 per room per night for 5*. This tax is NOT included in our rates and should be paid locally on the spot by the clients.
- Child rate is given to one child of the age of 2 to 12 that is sharing a room with 2 adults. Per room one infant under the age of 2 is free of charge.
In order to forward us your reservation request and for further information and assistance, please, contact us at email@example.com or fill the contact form below
In order to forward us your reservation request and for further information and assistance, please, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill the following form.
GreeceTours.com – Seretis Travel Ltd.
61 Panepistimiou Ave. (El.Venizelou Ave), Omonoia Sqr., 10564, Athens
Tel +30 210 3241776, +30 210 32 51 295
- Monday – Friday | 09:00 – 17:00
- Saturday, all,, year round apart from January | 10:00 – 14:00