Tinos Hiking Holidays | 7 days – 6 nights
Tinos, the island of painters and sculptors where you can admire some of the most beautiful, architecturally, villages of the Cyclades. Enjoy a variety of hiking trails at the diverse terrain of the island, the dovecotes that is famous for as well as the fine beaches.
- DAY 1
- Arrival in Tinos welcome and Check-In at the Hotel. Welcome drinks and Greek 'mezes' in the evening, a meeting for a chat about your itinerary
- DAY 2
- Hike: Discover the traditional Cycladic architecture The day is devoted to discovering the picturesque villages and dovecotes of Tinos. Following the paved paths (kalderimia), we will visit the old villages of Ktikados, Xatzirados and Tarabados, the heart of traditional dovecote architecture. We have picnic and then we go down towards the Kionia bay on a path on the side of the hill. In the distance we can see the island of Siros. The sheep and the numerous chapels along the way remind the rural and at the same time very religious character of Tinos. We swim and then take a bus back to the hotel. Evening Free Hiking tour 12klm, walking time around 5hrs
- DAY 3
- Hike: Strong History, old Castles, the power of the rock We go up to Xobourgo the old Byzantine fort of the island via an old paved path. The view of the Aegean is remarkable. We continue walking down to Volax, an isolated, small, sparkling white village in the middle of a plateau surrounded by hills of round granite blocks. After a light lunch we return on to the village named Falatados the second biggest settlement in the island, the imposing Cathedral and the famous House of Scetch ; Evening Free. Evening guided walk to the old historical center. (optional) Hiking tour of 9klm, walking time around 4hrs.
- DAY 4
- This day is free from scheduled activities. You may spend it any way you like. Walk around on your own, swim, sunbathe, relax, go shopping or arrange your own tour to some of the many interesting sites of the island. Our team of guides will be available for you, if you decide to ask for their help in any way. A diving class or water sports activities may be easily arranged on site, only upon your request. You could also let yourself be treated by the experienced hands of our massage therapists.
- DAY 5
- Hike: Marble Mountains, Marble Artists in the North From high in the marble mountains, we descend from Platia Village to the gorgeous coastline of Panormos. Abandoned terraces, ruined windmills and empty farm buildings are poignant relics of the once-thriving wheat cultivation. We swim in hidden bays and we have light lunch in Panormos. We continue towards the center of sculpture, Pirgos via green ravines but barren hills, where the oleanders grow to reach the village and the Museum of Marble Crafts. (All day tour, return back to the hotel in Chora in the evening) Hiking tour 10km, walking time around 5hrs
- DAY 6
- Hike: Follow the river bed The route Falatados - Livada is one of the “greenest” hiking routes on the island. The variety of landscapes is unique. Walking on the old path along the dale, we cross dove cotes, watermills, and small waterfalls. We will hike in a magnificent granite canyon that ends on the unspoiled beach of Livadas with crystal blue waters. Picnic, rest and swim before taking the same path back. Evening Free. Hiking Tour 12 km, walking time around 6,5 hrs. with rest stops)
- DAY 7
- Departure Day (Tinos – Rafina Port)
- Guaranteed departures every Thursday. On request on other days. Rates are for individuals (2 – 8 participants), special on request rates for groups (9+ persons)
- Insurance: Participants should be covered by their own personal travel-health insurance and prior to the trip. The personal insurance must at least cover medical expenses as well as air rescue and the cost of repatriation.
- ACTIVITIES & SPORTS by SERETIS TRAVEL LTD. is not responsible for any accidents or mishaps directly or indirectly related to the tour.
In order to forward us your reservation request and for further information and assistance, please, contact us at email@example.com
GreeceTours.com – Seretis Travel Ltd.
61 Panepistimiou Ave. (El.Venizelou Ave), Omonoia Sqr., 10564, Athens
Tel +30 210 3241776, +30 210 32 51 295
- Monday – Friday | 09:00 – 17:00
- Saturday, all year round apart from January | 10:00 – 14:00